2015 BWF World Senior Championships
World Senior Badminton Championships in Helsingborg, Sweden 2015
The BWF World Senior Championships are held every two years. This is an individual championships with men’s and women’s singles and doubles, and mixed doubles events. The age categories are divided as follows: +35, +40, +45, +50, +55, +60 +65 and +70.
The BWF World Senior Championships is a prestigious individual event for players . The winners of each category is awarded a gold medal and to become crowned with the title of World Senior Champion in various age categories. The runner-up gets a silver medal while the third place winner gets a bronze medal. Member Association is invited to enter up to four players/pairs in each of the five events in each age category.
The VII 2015 BWF World Senior Championships edition will be held in Helsingborg, Sweden from Sunday 20th – Saturday 26 September 2015.
Tournament information: All these information listed below will be updated periodically
BWF would like to invite Member Associations to compete in the XII BWF World Senior championships 2015. Please find attach the invitations and other tournament information.
Request for partner wanted.
Techinical officials information
- Closing Date:Tuesday 11 August 2015 BWF headquaters time 23.59 hour +GMT 08.00
- Member Associations are advise to log online entry system BWF World Senior Championships 2015: http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=41FADC9B-841B-4AF6-B5FC-FCEB647F9DA5 and submit the entries by online
- You require a username and password to submit the entries and this can be obtain from your member associaitons.
- All online entries must be supported with copy of passport along with attached players past performance information form to be submitted to :
Thevagi: email@example.com, Shan: firstname.lastname@example.org Copy to Venugopal : email@example.com
- Note: Entries will not be accepted without a player’s date of birth and copy of passports must be attached together with the Passports will be checked against dates of birth in BWF headquarters and also by the referees in Helsingborg, Sweden. Please ensure players date of birth are registered on the players past performance.
Summary of entries by events updated 20 August. Request for partner wanted in doubles events will be included when the draw for the pairing is done before the draw date:
Summary of entries by events updated 01st September 2015. With request for partner wanted updated in doubles events will be included when the draw for the pairing is done before the draw date:
+35 years : Entry
+40 years : Entry
+45 years : Entry
+50 years : Entry
+55 years : Entry
+60 years : Entry
+65 years : Entry
+70 years : Entry
Seeding Report - Team ranking and seeding is also publised on BWF website updated 16 Sept
- +35 - 70 categories, revised seeding in +MD 45, +MS 60, XD45
Draw : Concluded on Wednesday 9 September 2015 at BWF headquarters(click here to view the draw) approved by the referee
REDRAW : The referee confirmed there has been an error in the seeding positions for MD +45, MS+60 and in +XD45 replaced a missing entry. A redraw was done for this categories on Tuesday 16 September at BWF headquarters. In WD +50 we have made a change in partner wanted and have replaced a Irish player with the English player. In WS and WD +70 there was an error in the placing of groups in the semi-final stage and we have also made the changes the group C and Group B.
Opening ceremony: A short opening ceremony will be held on 20 September 2015 time 9.00am at the venue.
Team Managers Meeting to be held
As per BWF Regulations, the Team must be represented in the Managers’ Briefing. Failing to attend will attract fine / penalty in accordance with GCR Part III Section 1B, Appendix 11 “Offences and Penalties”. Member Associations must appoint ONE team manager to facilitate communication
Live webcasting - from 24 - 26 September only on one court.
Playing Schedule: Click here
Practice Schedule approved by referee - updated 16 Sept
Previous host cities of the BWF World Senior Championships are:
- 2003 - Sofia Bulgaria
- 2004 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2007 - Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- 2009 - Pabellon Muncipal de Deportes de Punta Unbria, Spain
- 2011 - Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
- 2013 - Ankara, Turkey
- 2015- Helsingborg, Sweden