Women in Badminton
The BWF Women in Badminton Commission supports women’s participation in badminton at all levels of the sport – on and off the ‘field of play’. The Commission provides advice on policy development.
Key areas of focus are to:
- monitor, support and enhance women’s participation in badminton.
- create internal awareness within the BWF and the sport of badminton of the importance of women in sport.
- ensure BWF policies take into account the opportunity for full participation of women in the sport:
· Council members / executive
· Technical officials
- assist in promoting women in badminton – marketing and communications, visual representation of women in badminton.
- be proactive at women in sports conferences and potentially drive international sports conferences and symposiums for women.
2013 Women in Badminton Forum
The third Women's Forum will be held in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday 19 May - the day after the AGM. The Forum Programme
includes a wide range of speakers and content.
Nora Perry, BWF Council, Working Group Chair